Students will learn hardware and software concepts, how to navigate Windows Explorer efficiently, and how to use common features shared by multiple applications. Students will be introduced to correct and safe use of internet browsers and search engines to do research on the Internet using multiple browsers and their advanced features and use the information ethically and legally. Students will determine information needed, access the information effectively and efficiently, and evaluate sources critically. After learning and gaining a solid knowledge of business software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; students will learn how to integrate these applications to create cross application projects. Case studies will be used to simulate the work environment. Three lecture hours per week. Instructional Support Fee applies.
Gen. Ed. Competencies Met: Information Literacy.
3 credits Fall, Spring, Summer
1. Create Excel spreadsheets, formulas, graphs, and charts
2. Design Excel worksheets for what-if analysis.
3. Create tables, fields, forms, reports, and queries in an Access database.
4. Create and edit professional looking business documents in Word.
5. Create professional PowerPoint presentations with pictures, textboxes, animation, and themes.
6. Utilize effective methods of safe search engines to do research on the Internet using multiple browsers and advanced features and use the information ethically and