OFC 117 : Introduction to Computers and Software Applications
Students will learn hardware and software concepts, how to navigate Windows Explorer efficiently, and how to use common features shared by multiple applications. Correct and safe use of internet browsers, search engines, and email will be taught. After learning and gaining a solid knowledge of business software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; students will learn how to integrate these applications to create cross application projects. Case studies will be used to simulate the work environment. Three lecture hours per week. Competency met: Technical Literacy (8.0) Fall, Spring, Summer
- Use the Windows Explorer to organize documents.
- Use the features and tools built into web browsers to browse, search, and use hyperlinks.
- Create, navigate, and construct formulas in Excel.
- Chart data to create various charts.
- Design worksheets for what-if analysis.
- Create a table, define fields, create queries, forms, and reports in an Access database.
- Create and format professional PowerPoint presentations.
- Insert pictures, textboxes, and shapes into a PowerPoint presentation.
- Animate a slide show and customize slide backgrounds and themes.