OFC 294 : Office Administration Colloquium
This seminar course prepares students for employment and enhances their communication skills. Students use technology to find jobs; write a resume, cover letter and reference listing; practice interviewing techniques; work in teams to solve problems; assess on-the-job situations; and attend job fairs. Students create a portfolio in the course. Computer software will be used for various office functions. Three lecture hours per week. Spring
OFC 214 with a grade of C or better or permission of department chair.
- Compose and produce a professional resume.
- Compose and produce cover letters and follow-up letters.
- Conduct research on prospective employers using electronic resources.
- Present oneself professionally in an interview.
- Develop self-confidence in seeking employment and in working with others as part of a team.