OFC 113 : Introduction to Microsoft Word
This course focuses on using Microsoft Word to create business documents and develop core-level competencies using Microsoft Office Specialist guidelines. Students apply developing skills to create memos, letters, simple reports, and tables. The course includes intensive speed development drills to increase speed and accuracy. A minimum speed of 30 wpm based on a supervised three-minute timing with three or fewer errors is required to receive a passing grade for the course. Three lecture hours per week. Fall, Spring, Summer
A passing score on the Office Administration department keyboarding placement test or a C or better in OFC 102.
- Develop keyboarding speed to a minimum of 30 words per minute with no more than 3 errors for a 3-minute timing using the touch method (not looking at the keyboard).
- Develop the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Develop MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist) core-level competencies.
- Create business letters, memos, simple reports, and tables efficiently and with proper business formats.
- Develop proofreading accuracy and apply proofreader’s marks.