OFC 260 : Writing Skills for the Administrative Assistant
This course is designed for the Administrative Assistant in all areas of the workplace. The course will focus on composing business correspondence used in the office and the ability to produce clear, accurate, and timely written communication. Three lecture hours per week. Spring
- Recognize communication barriers and identify ways to minimize them.
- Compose, edit, and proofread business messages.
- Compose effective requests for information or action.
- Identify the types of bad news messages.
- Write persuasive sales messages, requests, claims, and collection messages.
- Compose effective business proposals.
- Learn when and how to write goodwill messages.
- Know the format and process used to prepare a press release.
- Write a letter or report based on an outline of ideas delivered orally or in note form. 1
- Develop responses to requests for information, complaints, and other communications.