Computer Programming and Web Development Career
Program Goals Statement
Students will be prepared for entry-level programming in business and industry including the option of focusing on web development. They will develop the skills to analyze problems and develop computerized solutions using multiple programming and/or web development options. They will develop the knowledge to work with data analysis and develop and maintain effective programs and/or websites.
• Students have access to outstanding state-of-the-art technology and learn from faculty in touch with the needs of industry, both locally and nationally. Courses are constantly evolving to reflect current trends.
• Transfer credit for any Computer Information Systems (CIS or CIT) course must be approved by the CI Department Chair or by a full-time CI faculty member.
• This concentration can be taken online.
• Programming Track: Recent graduates have successfully started their own businesses or gone to work as programmers, programmer analysts, systems administrators, systems analysts, software developers, technicians, and consultants.
• Web Track: Students graduating from this track will be prepared to develop and maintain web sites. Students either join a web development firm or do consulting.
Infused General Education Competencies
Technical Literacy, First Year Experience