CIS 159 : MySQL and PHP
Students in this course learn to work with the open source database MySQL. They learn the concepts of creating a relational open source database using standard query techniques, including SQL and PHP and maintaining the database using SQL and PHP. Three class hours per week. Competency met: Critical Thinking, Technical Literacy (8.0) Spring
- Work with a basic set of data and an analysis of the data needs to create a normalized relational online database.
- Create a database and tables with keys to store and maintain data working through SQL and the MySQL database.
- Generate SQL to query the database with a wide variety of criteria.
- Effectively integrate SQL into PHP programs to handle the database manipulation and maintenance.
- Create and maintain an interactive website using PHP.
- Design, develop, execute, debug and maintain web based programs using PHP.