CIS 159 : MySQL and PHP
Students in this course learn to work with the open source database MySQL. They learn the concepts of creating a relational open source database using standard query techniques, including SQL and PHP and maintaining the database using SQL and PHP. Three lecture hours per week. Instructional Support Fee applies. Gen. Ed. Competencies Met: Critical Thinking and Information Literacy. 3 credits Spring
- Work with a basic set of data and an analysis of the data needs to create a normalized relational online database.
- Create a database and tables with keys to store and maintain data working through SQL and the MySQL database.
- Generate SQL to query the database with a wide variety of criteria.
- Effectively integrate SQL into PHP programs to handle the database manipulation and maintenance.
- Create and maintain an interactive web site using PHP.
- Design, develop, execute, debug and maintain web based programs using PHP.