CIS 131 : Windows Server Administration I
In this course students will learn to administer a Windows network from a Windows Server. The class will focus on managing user accounts, group accounts, folders, files, and object security. They will learn to secure network resources with shared folder permissions and NTFS permissions. Students will also implement user profiles, user logon scripts and setup and administer network printing. Students will be provided with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform post-installation and day-to-day administration tasks in a Windows Client-Server-based network. Pre or co-requisite: CIS 121 or permission of the instructor. Instructional Support Fee applies. Gen. Ed. Competencies Met: Information Literacy.
- Differentiate between types of networks and know their respective advantages.
- Use and customize Microsoft Management Console.
- Administer Active Directory: Create and manage Active Directory Accounts.
- Differentiate between local and domain accounts.
- Create and manage Group Policies.
- Administer Profiles, local and roaming.
- Establish Shared folders and printers and properly configure the security of each.