Students will develop the ability to:
- Explain connections between human behaviors and historical consequences.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the past to make connections between historical and current events.
- Identify how values, belief systems, and institutions have evolved over time, and evaluate their significance and relationship to each other.
- Appraise the complexity of socioeconomic forces, divergent political views, cultural dynamics, and/or environmental pressures that contribute to the contemporary world condition.
- Compare and contrast one’s own cultural perspective and alternative global perspectives.