CIS 150 : Oracle and SQL
This course is an introduction to the Oracle data base. Students will learn to work with Oracle and the structured query language SQL as they design, manipulate and access the data base. In addition, the concepts and design of relational databases will be analyzed and implemented. Competency met: Critical Thinking, Technical Literacy (8.0) Fall
- Understand the concepts and logic behind the development of a normalized relational database.
- Work with a basic set of data and an analysis of the data needs to create a normalized relational database.
- Create a database and tables with keys to store and maintain data.
- Generate SQL to query and maintain the database with a wide variety of criteria.
- Use the structured query language SQL to access information in one or more tables within the database.
- Write code using the Oracle Procedural Language SQL (PL/SQL) to enable the handling of more complex data manipulation problems.