This course introduces students to security and data confidentiality. The course presents a broad overview to help the student become more aware of computer security. Topics include securing data, confidentiality, integrity of data, password policies, and issues related to liability. One hour of lecture per week. Spring
- Identify and classify security threats and vulnerabilities facing an organization.
- Understand basic security concepts.
- Evaluate the potential of security products to meet identified threats.
- Secure Windows-based software and hardware platforms.
- Identify attacks against networks.