Computer Science Transfer
Program Goals Statement
The Computer Science Transfer option prepares students to finish their education in Computer Science at a four-year institution. The CIS faculty worked closely with the Computer Science faculty at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, and the resulting program provides a seamless transition to Computer Science at UMass Dartmouth. The program also parallels the computer science offerings at other local colleges and universities.
• The first two years of a degree in Computer Science can be done within this option at Bristol.
• Transfer credit for any Computer Information Systems (CIS or CIT) course must be approved by the CI Department Chair or by a full-time CI faculty member.
Note: Students may be required to obtain and use specific hardware, operating systems, or applications.
• Students should talk with the Transfer office for information about colleges.
• Recent graduates have transferred to Bridgewater State College, Rhode Island College, Roger Williams University, Bryant University, University of Massachusetts Amherst and University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
• Bristol participates in the statewide MassTransfer program and has developed many program-to-program transfer articulation agreements which guarantee admission and credit transfer. For a complete listing of eligible MassTransfer programs and current Bristol articulation agreements, visit the Transfer Affairs website at www.BristolCC.edu/transfer
Infused General Education Competencies
Oral Communication, Technical Literacy, First Year Experience
MassTransfer A2B Pathway
The Computer Information Systems - Computer Science Transfer program is a MassTransfer A2B Mapped Program with some Massachusetts State Universities. When choosing electives, complete an A2B Program Search to determine available transfer institutions and to ensure all credits will be transferred and applied to your degree.