CIS 260 : Software Specification and Design
This course covers object-oriented analysis and design, methodologies and tools. It focuses on methodologies of specification and design of software systems. It addresses the issues of user interface design and software prototyping. The course also presents the state of the art in the tool and environments supporting the front end of the software development cycle. Three lecture hours and two lab hours per week. Competency met: Technical Literacy (8.0) Spring
- Learn about significance of modeling as a backbone of software development.
- Gain basic understanding of software process including quality management.
- Develop understanding and appreciation for formalism in software modeling and development.
- Learn Unified Modeling Language (UML) and its effective use in software development.
- Study wide range of design patterns and understand their role in software engineering.