ENG 215 : Technical Writing
This course emphasizes the style of writing used in business and industry. Students will examine and then prepare the kinds of documents called for in these fields, including letters and other correspondence, reports, and proposals, with special attention focused on audience analysis, format and editing. Prerequisite: ENG 101. Instructional Support Fee applies. Gen. Ed. Competencies Met: Human Expression, Information Literacy and Written Communication.
- Recognize and address the needs of different audiences.
- Create a variety of technical and business documents, including letters, memorandums, short reports, formal emails and so on, employing the writing process.
- Demonstrate mastery of the different formats for business and technical documents.
- Display solid proofreading skills relative to grammatical, mechanical, and usage issues.
- Work within groups and collaboratively create technical and business documents.
- Undertake research, identifying relevant print and electronic documents and, when appropriate, developing such applications for primary source investigation as surveys, questionnaires, interviews, and experiments.