Program Goals Statement
This program is designed for students who plan to transfer to 4-year institutions and major in Chemistry or a related field. Students graduating from Bristol Community College with an Associates in Science with Chemistry concentration will be qualified for entry-level employment in a chemistry-related career.
- This program is designed to prepare students for transfer to 4-year institutions to major in Chemistry or a chemistry-related field and will give them the necessary skill sets for employment as an Associate Scientist I or Chemistry Laboratory Technician.
- Students take transferable General Studies courses (up to 24 credits), as well as Laboratory-Intensive Science Elective courses in their area of interest.
- After completion of the degree program, students will have a strong foundation in Chemistry that prepares them to be successful in their next program of study or career.
- With an Associates in Science - Life Science/Chemistry degree, students will be able to transfer to 4-year institutions with a solid background in Chemistry, which allows them to take upper level chemistry classes at their next institution. They will also have completed at least 24 credits of General Studies requirements that should transfer to their new school.
- Graduates will have the necessary skill sets to seek employment as an Associate Scientist I or Chemistry Laboratory Technician.
- Bristol participates in the Statewide MassTransfer program and has developed many program-to-program transfer articulation agreements which guarantee admission and credit transfer.
MassTransfer A2B Pathway
The Life Sciences - Chemistry program is a MassTransfer A2B Mapped Program with some Massachusetts State Universities. When choosing electives, complete an A2B Program Search to determine available transfer institutions and to ensure all credits will be transferred and applied to your degree.
Choose two of the following: