MTH 215 : Calculus II
This course is a continuation of MTH 214. Topics covered include: applications of the definite integral; techniques of integration; parametric equations; polar coordinates; and infinite sequences and series. Four lecture hours and one computer laboratory hour per week. Fall, Spring, Summer
A grade of C- or higher in MTH 214.
- Compute the area between curves, volumes of solids of revolution, the average value of a function and arc length of a function.
- Compute anti-derivatives of functions using several techniques.
- Use numerical techniques to approximate definite integrals.
- Determine whether sequences and series converge or diverge.
- Approximate functions as Taylor polynomials.
- Analyze, graph and compute the derivatives of parametric equations and functions in polar coordinates.