Web Design and Media Arts
Program Goals Statement
This program provides students with the necessary foundation to enter the job market for careers in Web design, Web animation, multimedia design, and media arts, or to transfer to a four-year BFA program in these fields. Course work emphasizes the creative process. Students develop a professional-level graphic design portfolio showcasing their visual communication skills as well as their grasp of industry-standard design technology.
• Students develop their creative and technical potential while building a strong portfolio for use in transferring or towards the job market.
• Classes use industry-standard software and hardware in dedicated design computer lab and studio.
• Sequencing: Students should plan to complete all Studio Foundation program courses before taking any Advanced Studio courses.
• Students should contact Program coordinator for advising.
• Bristol participates in the statewide MassTransfer program and has developed many program-to-program transfer articulation agreements which guarantee admission and credit transfer. For a complete listing of eligible MassTransfer programs and current Bristol articulation agreements, visit the Transfer Affairs website at www.BristolCC.edu/transfer
Infused General Education Competencies
Ethical Dimensions, Historical Awareness, Multicultural Perspective, Oral Communication
Choose three electives based on your choice of concentration and your goals or an ART course approved by the program coordinator.
Recommended Course Sequence - Summer
Consider taking Gen Ed or studio courses to reduce semester load.