General Management Career
Program Goals Statement
Students enrolled in the Business Administration career program receive training in various organizational functions, critical thinking and problem-solving skills they need to compete in today’s global business environment. All the Business programs share common courses, so students can switch easily between concentrations.
- Transfer credits for any course in the Business Administration Department (ACC, BNK, BUS, LSM, MAN, MAR and RMN) must be approved by the Business Administration Department Chairperson.
- The faculty have years of practical experience in national and global business that makes your education relevant to the workplace.
- This concentration assists students to prepare for a variety of careers.
- Students should take BUS 111, ENG 101, RMN 118, and ACC 101 first to position themselves for the proper course sequence in their second year. Students should take any required developmental courses in their first semester, followed by BUS 111 and ENG 101.
- Choose electives to pursue specific interests, such as purchasing or human resources.
- Graduates work as quality control specialists, shift supervisors, and assistant managers of retail stores.
- The career program is designed for students who expect to work in the profession immediately after graduation.
Infused General Education Competencies
Ethical Dimensions, Multicultural Perspective