BUS 112 : Personal Financial Planning
This course will provide students with the basic knowledge to manage their personal finances including the basics of saving, debt management, and investing for retirement via 401k, IRAs, and annuities. Three class hours per week. Fall, Spring
- Demonstrate the required knowledge in preparing a monthly budget.
- Demonstrate the required knowledge of the U.S. Banking System which includes deposits, loans and interest rates
- Calculate Present Values and Future Values using a financial calculator.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Federal Reserve System.
- Prepare a Financial Plan which includes all components (budgeting and tax planning, managing liquidity, planning and financing large purchases, protecting wealth and income through various types of insurance plans, investing money, and retirement and estate planning).
- Demonstrate the proper use of credit and how to maintain a good credit rating.
- Demonstrate an understanding of annuities.