- Students who successfully complete this course should be able to:
- Define and discuss basic terms used in contemporary personal financial planning.
- Explain the functional role basic personal financial planning and its impact on an individual success and individual compliance with tax laws and regulations.
- Define ethics as it relates specifically to basic personal financial planning as well as to business and to society generally.
- Demonstrate ability to prepare a basic individual personal financial plan.
- Explain the importance starting retirement planning and saving at an early age.
- Perform basic individual financial activities such as balancing a checking account monthly and appropriate use of credit.