Program Goals Statement
This program provides a strong foundation in drawing and design, preparing students for transfer into a senior institution and a career in graphic design, Web and multimedia design, advertising design, and electronic imaging. Students utilize traditional media and computer graphics within a structured curriculum. Studio courses emphasize visual perception, creative thinking, aesthetics, technical skills, and exploration of the design process, and applications to professional practice.
- Students develop their creative and technical potential while building a strong portfolio for use in transferring or towards the job market.
- Classes use industry-standard software and hardware in dedicated design computer lab and studio.
- Sequencing: Students should plan to complete all Studio Foundation program courses before taking any Advanced Studio courses.
- Students should contact Program coordinator for advising.
- Recent graduates have transferred to Rhode Island School of Design, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Minneapolis College of Art and Design, UMass Dartmouth, and others. Graduates transfer to four-year BFA programs in graphic design, digital media, Web design, media arts, animation and illustration, as well as art education.
- Bristol participates in the statewide MassTransfer program and has developed many program-to-program transfer articulation agreements which guarantee admission and credit transfer. For a complete listing of eligible MassTransfer programs and current Bristol articulation agreements, visit the Transfer Affairs website at www.BristolCC.edu/transfer
Infused General Education Competencies
Ethical Dimensions, Historical Awareness, Multicultural Perspective, Oral Communication
Recommended Course Sequence – Semester 1
Recommended Course Sequence – Summer
Consider taking Gen Ed or studio courses to reduce semester load.