ART 112 : Drawing II
This course is a continuation of ART 111. This course emphasizes observing and drawing the human form. A live model is studied to express gesture, structure, and movement in space, with objective accuracy and increased ability to visualize a concept as important goals. The techniques and media explored in ART 111 are applied to the figure, including pencil, charcoal, conte, ink, wash, and pastels. Prerequisite: ART 111 with a grade of C- or better, or permission of the instructor. Two hours critique and four hours studio per week. Instructional Support Fee applies. Gen. Ed. Competencies Met: Human Expression. 3 credits Spring
- Demonstrate increased proficiency in observational drawing skills introduced in Drawing I; specifically line, value, perspective and composition.
- Draw the figure from life.
- Demonstrate an introductory knowledge of figure drawing that focuses on gesture, proportion, and Gross Anatomy.
- Create a portfolio that expands on the skills introduced in Drawing I.
- Critically analyze figure drawings.