Animation and Motion Graphics
Program Goals Statement
In this program, students gain a foundation in design and drawing and develop skills in visual communication and interactive design with a focus on the creative process. In their second year, they choose electives to emphasize either an animation or motion graphics concentration.
Students create a portfolio of work showcasing their abilities with narrative in time-based media and either transfer to a four-year program in digital media or directly into careers supporting time-based design.
- Students develop their creative and technical potential while building a strong portfolio for use in transferring or towards the job market.
- Classes use industry-standard software and hardware in dedicated design computer lab and studio.
Additional Information Sequencing
- Students should plan to complete all Studio Foundation program courses before taking any Advanced Studio courses.
- Students should contact Program coordinator for advising.
- Students can transfer to four-year B.F.A. programs in animation, new media, interactive design, motion graphics, broadcast design, or electronic imaging.
- The program is also designed for immediate entry into the job market if desired.
- If you plan to transfer to a four-year institution, visit the Transfer Affairs website at www.BristolCC.edu/transfer
Infused General Education Competencies
Ethical Dimensions, Multicultural Perspective, Oral Communication
Choose three of the following or an ART course approved by the program coordinator.
Recommended Course Sequence - Summer
Consider taking Gen Ed or studio courses to reduce semester load.