Office Support Certificate
Program Goals Statement
This certificate prepares students for entry-level positions in corporate offices, educational, medical, and legal facilities, and government agencies. Credits can be transferred into other related certificates and degree programs.
- This program is designed for those who need to enter the job market as soon as possible.
- Distance Learning courses are available for students who enjoy the convenience of working from home.
- Transfer credits for any course in the Office Administration Department must be approved by the Office Administration Department Chairperson.
- OFC 102 may be waived through previous course work or a demonstrated keyboarding speed of 20 wpm based on a three-minute timing administered by the Office Administration Department Chair.
- In addition to the requirements of this program, it is recommended that students enroll in CED 210 - Cooperative Work Experience after completion of the OFC courses listed in the program. Students may gain valuable work experience by enrolling in CED 210 which places students in office positions related to their academic program.
- Take any developmental courses needed prior to enrolling in ENG 101.