Program Goals Statement
This advanced-level certificate helps upgrade skills to improve job opportunity. Students examine the latest office technologies and procedures, learn the advanced functions of Microsoft Office software and speech recognition software, and develop database and writing skills. If you have no working experience of Microsoft Office software, choose the Office Support certificate program.
- Transfer credits for any course in the Office Administration Department must be approved by the Office Administration Department Chairperson.
- This advanced-level certificate provides the most up-to-date training that addresses the fast-changing computer needs of today’s offices. The advanced level of skills developed provides excellent job mobility.
- Credits from the Office Support certificate program transfer into the Administrative Assistant certificate program and the Executive Administrative Assistant degree program.
- Cooperative Education (CED 210) is highly recommended before graduation.
- In addition to the requirements of this program, it is recommended that students enroll in CED 210 - Cooperative Work Experience after completion of the OFC courses listed in the program. Students may gain valuable work experience by enrolling in CED 210 which places students in office positions related to their academic program.
- Students must type 30 wpm and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.