Program Goals Statement
This program is designed for students who plan to transfer to a 4-year institution and major in Biology or another Life Science field. The goal is to provide students with the necessary skills and background to be successful at a 4-year institution.
- This program is designed to prepare students for transfer to a 4-year institution to major in Biology or another Life Science Field, and will give them a foundation for work in Pre-med, Pre-vet and other Health Science fields.
- Students will take a variety of transferable General Studies courses, as well as select Biology Elective courses in their area of interest.
- After completion of the degree, students have a strong foundation in Biology that will allow them to be successful in their next program.
- With an Associates in Science - Life Science/Biology degree, students will be able to transfer to a 4-year institution with a solid background in Biology that will allow them to take upper level Biology classes at their next institution. Also, they will have completed many General Studies requirements that should transfer to their new school.
- BCC participates in the Statewide MassTransfer program and has developed many program-to-program transfer articulation agreements which guarantees admission and credit transfer.
- For a complete listing of eligible MassTransfer programs and current articulation agreements, visit the Transfer Affairs website at www.bristolcc.edu/transfer.
MassTransfer A2B Pathway
The Life Sciences - Biology program is a MassTransfer A2B Mapped Program with some Massachusetts State Universities. When choosing electives, complete an A2B Program Search to determine available transfer institutions and to ensure all credits will be transferred and applied to your degree.
Choose 12 credits from the following (at least 2 courses must be lab courses):