Fire Science Technology Career
Program Goals Statement
This program will prepare a new student for a career in the public fire service or private fire science field, such as the insurance industry, as well as foster career advancements of current firefighters. Degree gives a solid background in the Fire Science core curriculum and general education.
- Courses are offered both days and evenings.
- Courses delivered via traditional classroom or online.
- CRJ 101 Introduction to Criminal Justice; CRJ 221 Juvenile Offenders; CRJ 256 Criminal Investigation; FIR 158 Plans Review; FIR 170 Emergency Care I; FIR 171 Emergency Care II; FIR 254 Report Writing; FIR 255 Related Fire Codes and Ordinances; FIR 260 Juvenile Fire Awareness.
- Graduates are serving as local fire chiefs, captains, lieutenants, firefighters, fire inspectors, fire investigators, and insurance inspectors.
- Recent graduates have transferred to baccalaureate programs in Fire Science at Salem State College, Anna Maria College, and Providence College.
- If you plan to transfer to a four-year institution, visit the Transfer Affairs website at BristolCC.edu/transfer
Infused General Education Competencies