Program Goals Statement
This program is designed to prepare students as technicians and scientists working in various areas of the marine industry and marine research. Participants gain an understanding of aquatic life, ocean science, marine and environmental technologies, and have the opportunity to select specialized courses in the areas of at-sea monitoring/fisheries technology, marine science transfer, oceanographic instrumentation/remotely operated vehicle (ROV) technology, renewable energy and water quality.
• Choose electives to specialize if desired.
• Some elective courses in this program are only available in the evening and/or at satellite locations.
• Many marine industry and research careers require good physical health and the ability to swim. Students with issues in this area should discuss them with the program director before enrollment.
• Graduates can work as technicians in a variety of marine trades professions, such as fisheries observers, oceanography and hydrographic survey technicians, remotely operated vehicle (ROV) technicians or water quality professionals.
• If you plan to transfer to a four-year institution, visit the Transfer Affairs website at www.BristolCC.edu/transfer
Recommended Course Sequence - Semester 1
Recommended Course Sequence - Summer
Summer courses will reduce fall and spring semester course loads.