EGR 245 : Hazardous Waste/Waste Management
This course examines the various components of the hazardous waste and solid waste management field. Emphasis will be placed on the examination, evaluation, and cleanup of hazardous waste sites as well as on providing an introduction to solid waste management and disposal. Prerequisite: CHM 111 or CHM 113. Three lecture hours and two laboratory hours per week. Instructional Support Fee applies.
- Identify and have a basic understanding of the major legislative acts that govern hazardous waste.
- Describe the major categories of hazardous wastes and their physical and chemical properties.
- Describe the hierarchy of hazardous waste management, including source reduction, recycle and reuse, treatment and disposal.
- Understand the Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest System.
- Describe hazardous waste handling, treatment, and disposal processes.