Program Goals Statement
This program provides students with a broad understanding of the environment and current environmental issues. Students utilize their knowledge of water resources, environmental regulations, sampling techniques, and hazardous materials to prepare for state licensure examinations and entry-level environmental technician positions.
• The Environmental Technology concentration is an interdisciplinary program which allows students to utilize their knowledge in science, mathematics, engineering, and written and oral communication.
• Laboratories provide students with hands-on training on skills and instrumentation utilized on the job.
• Field trips offer students the opportunity to see various facilities and meet with personnel currently working in various environmental technology positions.
• Internships provide students with the opportunity to explore careers in their chosen areas and network with area professionals.
• Graduates work as Water Treatment Plant Operators or Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators working for municipalities or private contract operations companies
• Graduates work for private Environmental Consulting Firms and as Environmental Technicians in various industrial areas.
Infused General Education Competencies
Suggested Technical Electives
Recommended Course Sequence - Summer
Summer courses will reduce fall and spring semester course loads.