Program Goals Statement
This program is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution and major in Physics or a related field. The goal is to provide students with a solid foundation in the knowledge and skills that they will need to succeed at a four-year institution.
- This program is designed to prepare students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution and major in Physics or a related field.
- Students will be introduced to each of the four major branches of physics: mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and modern physics. This gives students a strong foundation on which to build the last two years of a Physics major.
- All General Education requirements will be met.
- Transfer to a four-year institution and take the last two years of a major related to Physics; hese include Physics, Astrophysics, Applied Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering, among others.
- Consider utilizing the MassTransfer program to make a seamless transfer to a state university.
- Visit bristolcc.edu/transfer for more information on transferring.
- Physics majors can go on to teach or research within the field of physics, and can also work as a data analyst, software developer, materials scientist, patent agent, health physicist, science writer, and more. Some physics majors even end up working in finance or government.