MTH 253 : Calculus III
This course is a continuation of MTH 215. Topics include: two- and three-dimensional vectors; vector functions; partial derivatives; multiple integrals; and vector calculus. In addition to the four-hour lecture, a one-hour lab is required each week. Prerequisite(s): a grade of C- or higher in MTH 215. Four lecture hours and one laboratory hour per week. Instructional Support Fee applies. 4 credits Fall, Spring, Summer
- Define the concept of vectors and solve problems using vectors in 2D and 3D applications.
- Apply the concepts of limits and differentiation to multivariate functions, including applications.
- Apply the concept of integration to multivariate functions.
- Develop various methods to solve both double and triple integrals.
- Bring together the concept of vectors and calculus in terms of a line integral.
- Use the different types of methods to solve line integrals.