Students will develop the ability to:
- Follow a consistent organizational pattern that presents ideas in a clear, articulate manner.
- Make language choices that are effective for the presentation and engage diverse audiences.
- Deliver presentations using appropriate posture, eye contact, vocal expression, and other body language.
- Use a variety of supporting materials that establish their credibility.
- Listen respectfully and critically to other speakers while focusing on their verbal and nonverbal messages.
- Evaluate, interpret, and critique a speaker’s central message.