SER 251 : Principles of Methods of Interviewing
An introduction to the fundamental principles and basic techniques of the interviewing process. The course is conducted in small groups and in the activity-oriented atmosphere of the workshop. Prerequisite: SER 101 and PSY 101 or concurrent enrollment in PSY 101. Students not in Human Services program must have permission of instructor. Three lecture hours per week. Instructional Support Fee applies.
- Apply and demonstrate the foundations of a successful helping relationship.
- Utilize knowledge about cultural differences and variations within potential client populations.
- Recognize and employ effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Conduct a basic helping interview.
- Work effectively with a variety of client populations.