Criminal Justice Career
Program Goals Statement
This program provides students with a strong foundation in the operation of our Criminal Justice System. Students earning this degree will immediately be ready for a variety of careers within our system of justice as law enforcement officers, court officers, court advocates, or child protective investigators. Students will receive a diverse interdisciplinary education that will allow them to pursue a baccalaureate degree in Criminal Justice. Articulation agreements ensure transfer to many four-year private colleges and universities.
• All courses in the Criminal Justice Program may be completed at the Fall River, New Bedford, or Attleboro campuses, and many are also offered at the Taunton Center.
• Faculty members represent all the major fields in the Criminal Justice System and students benefit from their years of formal study and professional experience.
• Academic and transfer advisors assist students in selecting courses to fulfill both program and general education requirements to ensure a smooth transfer to four-year colleges and universities if a baccalaureate degree is pursued.
• Graduates are qualified to seek immediate employment as state and local police officers, corrections officers, private security agents, court advocates, and juvenile residence counselors.
• Students are also prepared to continue their education and complete a baccalaureate program in Criminal Justice.
• Graduates have successfully transferred to Bridgewater State University, the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth, University of Massachusetts at Lowell, Northeastern University, Johnson and Wales University, Roger Williams University, and Salve Regina University.
Infused General Education Competencies