General Studies/STEM Transfer Studies
Program Goals Statement
This program provides students an opportunity to explore the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Transfer programs available at the College. Completion of a STEM program can prepare students to transfer to a wide variety of bachelor's degree fields including: Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering Science, Information Systems, Mathematics and Physics.
- Students should take any required developmental courses in their first semester.
- Students have access to outstanding STEM laboratory facilities and learn from faculty involved in state-of-the-art research activities. Courses are constantly evolving to reflect current trends.
- Students should be in a Math course every semester until they have completed their sequence.
- Courses are offered both days and evenings, are delivered via traditional classroom or online, and taking summer courses can reduce fall and spring semester course loads.
- Students should consult applicable Transfer Agreements and/or desired transfer institution to insure the transferability of courses.
- Students are encouraged to select a specific STEM Transfer program, including Computer Science and Information Systems Transfer, Engineering Transfer, Liberal Arts Math and Science Concentration or Life Sciences Biology Concentration, before completing more than 32 credits.
- Recent graduates have transferred to Bridgewater, Brown, Bryant, Northeastern, Rhode Island College, Roger Williams, University of Massachusetts at Amherst and Dartmouth, University of Rhode Island, Wentworth Institute of Technology and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- BCC participates in the statewide MassTransfer program and has developed many program-to-program transfer articulation agreements which guarantee admission and credit transfer. For a complete listing of eligible MassTransfer programs and current BCC articulation agreements, visit the Transfer Affairs website at www.BristolCC.edu/transfer