Criminal Justice Transfer
Program Goals Statement
This program provides students with a strong foundation in the operation of our Criminal Justice System. Students will receive a diverse interdisciplinary education that will allow them to pursue a baccalaureate degree in Criminal Justice. Articulation agreements ensure transfer to many four-year colleges and universities. Graduates may also qualify for the Massachusetts Transfer Program that guarantees admission, tuition reduction, and the full transfer of credit in criminal justice and general education courses to most Massachusetts state colleges and universities.
• All courses in the Criminal Justice program may be completed at the Fall River, New Bedford, or Attleboro campuses, and many are also offered at the Taunton Center.
• Faculty members represent all of the major fields in the Criminal Justice System and students benefit from their years of formal study and professional experience.
• Academic and transfer advisors assist students in selecting courses to fulfill both program and general education requirements to ensure a smooth transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
• This program qualifies as a Massachusetts Transfer Program, which guarantees admission, tuition reduction, and the full transfer of credit in criminal justice and general education courses to most Massachusetts state colleges and universities.
• Students often continue their education and complete a baccalaureate program in Criminal Justice.
• Graduates have successfully transferred to Bridgewater State University, the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, the University of Massachusetts Lowell, Northeastern University, Johnson and Wales University, Roger Williams University, and Salve Regina University.
• Alumni are employed as state and local police officers, corrections officers, attorneys, probation officers, college instructors, managers in private security agencies, social workers, and drug rehabilitation counselors.
Infused General Education Competencies