This course provides opportunities for students to explore a variety of factors and issues that influence contemporary nursing practice. These include an introduction to professional nursing practice, historical perspectives of nursing, contemporary models of nursing education and practice, health care delivery systems, and an introduction to Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) and informatics. Co-requisite: NUR 101 or permission of the instructor. Students must receive a C+ (77) or better in NUR 100 and NUR 101 to continue in the program. One class hour per week.
- Discuss the historical evaluation of contemporary nursing.
- Examine the professional framework of nursing.
- Define models of nursing education and practice.
- Describe current health care delivery systems and the roles of nursing within these systems.
- Explore ethical and legal issues related to nursing practice.