SPA 351 : Advanced Spanish Literature
A detailed study of a major work or works of Spanish and Latin American authors. Prerequisite: SPA 202 or equivalent. Three lecture hours per week. Gen. Ed. Competencies Met: Human Expression.
- Explain the development of literature written in Spanish in chronological sequence.
- Describe social and historical context in which literary works were produced.
- Explain literary genres, literary styles, and art movements associated with the works studied.
- Analyze literary works and explore the significance to Spanish speaking communities.
- Demonstrate intermediate to advance oral and written language proficiency and basic literary analysis skills.