SPA 201 : Intermediate Spanish I
A review and continuation of Spanish grammar plus additional training in the four skills: reading, writing, speaking and understanding. Readings and discussions based on cultural topics, contemporary literature, newspaper articles, Internet sources and video. Prerequisite: SPA 102 or three years of high school Spanish with a C average. Three class hours and one language lab per week. Instructional Support Fee applies. Gen. Ed. Competencies Met: Human Expression.
- Read, write and orally reproduce more complex grammatical structures, using other modes of the past and future tenses as well as the Imperfect tense.
- Initiate and maintain a normal conversation based on daily events.
- Read and interpret more complex texts and discuss their content.
- Explain the contents of audio and video materials.
- Express subjective attitudes with the appropriate use of the Subjunctive.