SPA 102 : Elementary Spanish II
A continuation of training in the four basic skills: reading, writing, speaking and aural comprehension. Cultural and daily living topics are included. Prerequisite: SPA 101 or two years of high school Spanish with an A or B average. Three class hours and one lab hour per week. Instructional Support Fee applies. Gen. Ed. Competencies Met: Human Expression.
- Read, write and orally reproduce more complex grammatical structures, using the present, past and future tenses.
- Initiate, minimally sustain, and close simple, basic communicative tasks, related to identification of family, daily life, housing, weather and sports.
- Express physical and emotional states.
- Read simple authentic texts and discuss their content.
- Examine and translate audio and video clips.