OTA 244 : Seminar in Occupational Therapy
The seminar component addresses practice-related experiences and questions. The course provides opportunities to reflect and clarify ongoing fieldwork experiences. The application of didactic knowledge and laboratory experience along with an opportunity for clarification during the seminar component provides integration of the entire four semesters. Two lecture hours per week. Spring, Day only
- Identify personal and professional abilities and competencies as they relate to job responsibilities by creating a resume and cover letter appropriate for an entry level OTA.
- Demonstrate effective interviewing techniques and strategize job search skills.
- Demonstrate collaboration, clinical reasoning and problem-solving skills during fieldwork-related discussions.
- Learn strategies to prepare for the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) Examination for the Certified OTA.
- Locate resources and initiate the application processes for national certification (NBCOT).
- Locate resources and initiate the application processes for state licensure in MA and/or RI.
- Additional outcomes based on program need.