LGL 290 : Legal Studies Seminar
This capstone course prepares students for employment within the legal profession as a paralegal or legal administrative assistant. Skills in oral and written communication, using technology to find a job, problem solving, and working collaboratively will be enhanced. Each student will prepare an employment portfolio highlighting the achievement of program outcomes. Prerequisite: Completion of 12 credits of program courses or permission of the instructor. Three lecture hours per week.
- Compose and produce a professional resume for a legal career.
- Compose and produce cover letters and follow-up letters.
- Conduct research on legal careers using printed materials and electronic resources.
- Conduct research on prospective employers using electronic resources.
- Dress for success.
- Present oneself professionally in an interview.
- Take typical employment tests with confidence.
- Develop self-confidence in seeking employment and in working with others as part of a team.