EGR 248 : Advanced Water Treatment
This course is a continuation course following the EGR 244 Basic Water treatment course. It will provide students with a review of basic concepts, knowledge of regulatory requirements, water treatment processes, equipment types and maintenance, laboratory procedures, safety practices, and administrative procedures. The course is designed to prepare students to take the Massachusetts Grades 3 and 4 Drinking Water Treatment Plant Operator Certification Examinations. The course will be presented in a hybrid format with lecture content online and a hands-on face-to-face laboratory component. Three lecture hours and three laboratory hours per week. Fall
- Upon successfule completion of the course students will:
- Be able to explain the treatment practices used at water treatment plants.
- Perform laboratory skills to do the basic required analyses of drinikng water water.
- Be able to describe the function of the various equipment used in the drinking water treatment processes and how to perform basic maintenance on them.
- Be able to explain the regulatory and the administrative duties at a drinking water treatment plant.
- Be prepared to take the Massachusetts Grades 3 and 4 Drinking Water Certification Examinations.