EGR 125 : Construction Estimating
This course introduces students to common practices used in estimating construction quantities and costs, including materials, labor, equipment, overhead, and profit. Productivity, efficiency, and project scheduling are also included. Three class hours a week. Fall
- Read and interpret construction plans.
- Perform quantity take-offs from engineering plans.
- Estimate construction material, labor and equipment costs.
- Distinguish between direct and indirect costs.
- Prepare construction bids.