EGR 124 : Soils and Foundations
This course introduces students to geotechnical engineering. Engineering soil properties, mass/volume relationships, soil classification systems, and site exploration methods are included. In addition, structural foundations are explored. Three lecture hours a week. Spring
- Determine engineering soil properties.
- Calculate mass-volume-weight relationships for soils.
- Produce and interpret grain size distribution curves for soils.
- Classify soils for design and construction purposes using standard soil classification systems.
- Identify various types of structural foundations.