EGR 123 : Green Building Practices
This course studies the methods, materials, and equipment currently used in the construction of residential and commercial buildings, roads, and highways. Students learn the proper use, selection, specifications, strength and limitations, fire resistance, and code conformity of basic construction materials and fabrication processes. The laboratory will include fieldwork and basic laboratory testing procedures. Prerequisite(s): Intermediate Algebra competency or concurrent enrollment in MTH 152. Three class hours and two laboratory hours a week. 4 credits. Fall.
- Outline building construction practices and materials.
- Describe green building materials and practices.
- Identify the benefits of sustainable design.
- Evaluate a home or building design to determine if it qualifies for LEED certification.
- Take the LEED Green Associates exam.