ECE 245 : CDA Portfolio
This course introduces students to the CDA (Child Development Associate Credential) competency standards designated by the Council for Professional Recognition. Students enhance their knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices and curriculum for children birth through age eight. Specific focus includes the six competency goals and thirteen functional areas of the CDA. Emphasis is placed on applying for the CDA and preparing students for the CDA Professional Portfolio, passing the CDA exam and preparation for a PD Specialist visit.
ECE work verification from current employer and any verification needed showing up to a minimum of one year at 20 hours a week in an Infant, Toddler, Preschool or Family Child Care setting.
Apply for and be equipped to acquire the Child Development Associate Credential successfully.
- Identify, establish and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment in an Early Education and Care setting.
- Apply developmentally appropriate and responsive strategies in and ECE classroom environment.
- Support age appropriate social and emotional development to provide positive guidance.
- Utilize family engagement strategies to maintain a positive and productive relationships with families.
- Implement continual professional development and practice the Review Observe and Reflect model utilizing the completed CDA Portfolio