CIS 156 : Visual Basic
This course will cover object-oriented Visual Basic. The student is taught to analyze a programming problem, design a logical solution, and write and execute the program using Visual Basic. The course will emphasize the strengths of Visual Basic and its wide variety of uses as well as covering a wide range of programming applications. Three class hours a week. Instructional Support Fee applies. Gen. Ed. Competencies Met: Critical Thinking and Information Literacy.
Students who successfully complete Visual Basic will be able to:
- Work within a basic object oriented programming environment as implemented in the latest version of Visual Basic
- Work effectively in the Visual Studio environment
- Implement logic and design concepts to develop a computerized solution to a posed problem.
- Design, write, execute and debug programs using Visual Basic.
- Write Visual Basic programs that access and maintain data in a relational database