CAD 128 : Civil Drafting and Design
This course deals with the concepts of plan scales, bearings, latitudes and departures, property descriptions, contour lines, profiles, highway layout, earthwork cut-and-fill, and runoff analysis. This course includes a laboratory/field component and students are required to complete a CAD based site design project. Two class hours and three laboratory hours per week. NOTE: Utilizes Windows based software only. Fall, Spring
- Interpret civil engineering maps, plans and terminology.
- Generate plot plans from property descriptions using Autodesk software (AutoCAD).
- Create site plans using Autodesk software (AutoCAD).
- Plot AutoCAD files to standard civil engineering scales.
- Demonstrate the ability to use a civil engineering scale to confirm and determine measurements.